Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 December 2019

Traditional Boxing Day Music round up.

I haven't been keeping up at all with current pop, and so far anything good I've heard on the radio can be dismissed, by failing memory and such.

The good.

Marshall Jefferson Move Your Body passable remix on Ultra Records.

I've long passed the target age of Kiss FM listenership target audience.  So was surprised to see this getting a rework. They've removed the old house beats for more lamer beats and added the target whooshy bits behind it so it screams modern. But props for getting this shown on Kiss even if its a target 1 play in a blue moon.

Pearl River Sound.

Any of their tracks basically, but thanks to I love acid, they are my new favourite group of the year.

Bananarama Record day mixes

Made the mistake of going up town on record shop day, where everything is invite only for the usual tracks to get repressed. Picked this up about 2 months later. Its got the only version of Venus I like on here and mixes by Ewan Pearson and Tom Middleton so you know its going to be good.

A Certain Ratio.

Its rare that guitar stuff will grip me, but this is live from the ballroom was a highlight for me. Lots of really nice guitar stuff.  From a trip up to Streatham.

Creepy music from Dungeon Siege 3. 

Don't know if its a legit OST from this but there a two tracks or rather ambiances from both the Stonewild caves and the ghost mansion nearby that are perfect encapsulations of the dark ambient
aesthetic. 

Dj Python.

Seriously, this is really good. If you like IDM and hate Reggaeton, this is the culmination of both and its really good. Up there with Squarepusher's pisstaking of jungle.  Also, on Squarepusher, new vic acid stuff out.

From nursery to misery.

From a big Legowelt mix, had to look through their tapes added to youtube. A lot of really weird DIY bedroom stuff. Really worth a look for synthpop and outsider artist fans.

The bad.

BIllie Eyelash (Eilish) 90's bonus game music.

I saw her being promoted by ads on the tube and at first didn't mind her kooky shtick. But the more I listen to this track whatever it is she did, I can't get out of my head a bonus round from a middling 90's belt scroller or home console platformer from  a middle tier euro publisher.

Ellie Goulding feat Juice WRLD Rape Me.

Its not so horrible, this, it's just that, A. Ellie |Goulding got married and  B. Juice snuffed it thanks to an overdose.   She ended up entangled in a m way smash and Juice died (of falling over on pills).

I guess that I take prescriptions track should be up on the good pile also.

Sunshower Post Malone.

Or is it Sunflower by Nami Shimada. I really should re-edit both together. Also props for being on the cover of Fifa 19. Its not everyday a piss poor rapper  gets to be on a football game.

In a German Car.

This is rap here. This is why kids are killing themselves, with knives and shit. Its wank. Really wank.
Its bearable at x2 speed, like most of these Drake type beats and such. Which reminds me to add DJ Python to the good list.

No comments:

Post a Comment