Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 May 2018

Spooky Tape

Its Eurovision time again and Israel won it with what looks like Bjork Circa Homogenic era.  But we are not here for Bjork or Eurovision we're here because of a tape.

I don't know if I've ever talked about this before but we absolutely looked forward to going to my other aunts place at Dover.  It was a really old house based on the priory part of town and it was massively packed out with stuff and antiques over every surface.  The garden was similarly overgrown and there was talk of bodies being found  buried in the back yard (happily of long dead monks).  They had a well / pit by the back door which was cool.

Part of this is a spooky tape found chucked over their back wall when we went down for one of our rare visits. It was black with some paint on it and while I was certainly into my tapes back then this didn't get played for a while so when I did get round to play it it was certainly a shock. 

There was a creepy voice on it and such which was really spooky, we forgot about it but not before copying a hardcore compilation onto it sometime in 92.  We found it sometime later and with more of a tolerance of creepy shit decided to give it a listen.  I think it was recorded from a TV show or some sort which was cool, as the only thing I can remember it saying was Coming after you Stephen.  I'll have to dig it out and digitise it sometime when I'm done with my records.

No comments:

Post a Comment