Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 August 2023

Bedtime Stories.

 So we've just got done reading through the Twisted Claw* and I just had to include these bits I drew inside the covers from when I must have been 13 or so. 

We have no idea who Clawd is.

Niece and Nephews of Uncle Weedle.

The cats are from a bedtime story that my Mum and me made up back in the day. The three at the bottom are Taily, Waily and Tabatha, nephews of Uncle Weedle a sort of black and white cat version of Jacques Cousteau and champion fisherman. He ran a weird mix of an aquarium and fish raising bit on the coast. Totally drawn a blank at Clawd though, possibly a friend of the siblings.

The few world building bits I can remember is that this was a planet full of cats on a planet that had a runaway greenhouse effect. As a consequence the whole world was some giant tropical rainforest with a mix of hi-tech and primitive forest dwelling. There would be no roads as such as everything ran on teleportation. And that's all I can remember about it. I think they lived underground and the continent they lived on was definitely called Wederland .

Bark Brothers.

This is far more concrete set of tales I told. Imagine the Hardy Boys but dogs (really loved some non human protags in this). They solved mysteries and had access to a giant robot called Super Choop who lived in the mall in Barkington. It was a detective tale mixed with a Tokusatsu feel. They had catapaults and fired beans out to defeat the plans of C.H.I.C.K.E.N. the Central Headquarters of International Criminal Kind and Evil Notoriety. This lasted long enough for us to write up a mystery tale in Wordworth on the Amiga and submit it for a CU  Amiga coverdisk. There is also a big rambling tale written long hand about them coming to earth that mixed up drug trafficking and the Mayan transformer pseudoscience of Maurice Cotterell.  I know there is a few pictures and a rework in Blacks Editor text editor on Amiga that is about a quarter of the way done.  And no, I'm not resurrecting this.  


*Not the next book you'll get. That will be Tic-Tac Terror.

No comments:

Post a Comment