Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 February 2023

Dick Whittington

I can count on the fingers on one hand of all the famous people I've seen. Bill Oddie walking down Soho,
a pregnant Stella Creasy at Walthamstow and now Sad Dick Khan, Lord Mayor of London also walking down the street. But first some context. 

This is the first Junk Tour I've taken down to Streatham this year. Getting off at Balham to check the Charity shops there, before getting the bus down to Streatham properly. This time Balhman was a total bust with a lot of indie CD's and the only thing  I'd really like, was massively overpriced (a Holger Czukay album for £10). On the plus side, they had a real nice French bulldog in Mind, who was friendly. 

Taking the bus along past Tooting, the people behind me suddenly say there is Sadiq Khan. I look out an there is the sad fucker walking down with a big entourage of people. Can't say it was great or so just that he was there. 

Anyway, we get off at Streatham and manage to pick up a few things, a Moby mix of Erasure and a few Italo Disco records for cheap. A replacement Dmitri from Paris mix that I  already had but this time with the actual CD in it. Best of all, a few compilations including one for UNICEF and Underworlds Dubnobasswithmyheadman. Which can't be beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment