Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 June 2021

Yellow Feathers and Curiosity Shows

Another book is up for your pleasure. This time it is the Yellow Feather Mystery, one of the top tier Hardy Boys adventures, and we've finally found another old show from The Children's Channel, on Twitter of all places.

The Curiosity Show

Along with Round the Twist and Kaboodle, this was the third part of the Aussie show trilogy to air on Cable back when I was small. While I remember fuck all about Kaboodle, I do remember the Curiosity show, two guys, who made things and games such as tip-cat (which my grandad, who was down at the time, said he used to play.) and some sort of berry that made everything sweet (Synsepalum). I also forgot what it was called. 

It didn't help that the That's Incredible bit from the Fast Show is a direct rip of this (more like affectionate homage.) and for years later. I'd think about the show, but without a name, it would be foolish to search.

Scrolling twitter midweek, and there is a clip of the familiar presenter showing an optical illusion. I scroll down the credits and there is a name. A good 35 years after I've seen the show, I finally have a name for it all. Best of all there is a Youtube Channel, and the original guys have the rights to it all.


Yellow Feather Mystery.

This seems to be an afterthought, after I found this, but we have finally finished typing up the latest book.

Both issues of the Yellow Feather Mystery, are classic Hardy Boys and can easily rank up there with the old, Les Macfarlane stories. 

The boys have been tasked with regaining a will for a Greg Woodson, whose grandfather ran the prestigious Woodson academy, a school that their father went to. A missing will and a shadowy character called the Yellow Feather seems to be out to stop the boys from succeeding. Its also one of the only stories I've come across where Chet seems to be heroic. He has an Ice sled in this as it's the depths of winter, and comes to the boys aid in the final chapter.

Anyway both Original and UK remake are available here and here


No comments:

Post a Comment