Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 December 2020

Phone stuff.

Found a phone at work during the week. Someone was clearing out a load of old stuff and I got this along with a DSi which works perfectly and contained literally a million pictures of kids goofing around before I formatted it for hacking.

The phone however was locked. and, looking at its specs, is considerably worse than anything I've actually used, including the touch screen only work issue Blackbastard I had circa 2013. Which fact fans, was my first ever Mobile. 

I never got anything android to sync up right either. Old Apple, while being an utter cunt to do at least lets you look at digital photos, and digital only, Android, doesn't. Thought I'd have a look at the internal storage, seeing as SD and chip was removed. Then thought about removing the password lock, to let me at least let me nose about the file system.

Which brings me to my main rant. All phone unlocking software is borderline unusable for a freeloading perspective. 

Most software will do nothing unless you pay for it, it will not unlock or remove anything and expect you to pony up money in advance to do stuff. Like I say, its borderline unusable.

What we need is some sort of FOSS android explorer, akin to testdisk is for Hardrives. Something that will when you sync up your phone immediately bring up a menu that lets you explore the file system, browse files and copy things across to PC/Mac Linux Amiga, like iTunes but not shit and more hackery.

If I could program, I'd totally do this (that or a PVR HD dumper, face it, this is going to be the future front for preservation.) probably add in a unlocker too, to make it a swiss army toolkit.

Finally had a look at a crack for this before remembering that all cracks are malware shit, without exception. Downloaded one and Antivir caught it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment