Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 May 2020

VIta again

Finally got round to putting custom firmware on my Vita. As per this guide here.

As it went, it was pretty painless to do, once you figured out what went were. Largely written for FTP users in mind you can do this entirely via USB cable. Your vita is being treated as an external drive and will have its own folder put up on your system and you can follow the steps there.

Also another note, When doing the Modoru step, please remember it has its own sub folder in ux0:apps put your pspupdat file there otherwise you will get an error message. This stumped me for absolutely ages and only by random clicking did I discover this and get it downgraded in the end.

Also, final, final note. Vitashell is a really nice file manager, well put together and is worth doing it for this alone. Sad, I know.

Impressions now I've done it.

Not sure what to play now, though. I used to be really into emulation and stuff, but now am not. Will have to see if there is a final burn derivative for the system and have installed Aderanlin for PSP which adds custom firmware to the in built PSP emulator.  Have an SD to vita on  the way and will hope you can transfer across all my home dumped PSP ISO's and save files from the PSP.

Will also need to see if I can add back TXK by Jeff Minter which I lost prepping my system for this.

Short version, forgot my psn login and had to make a new i.d i(ts vital for the hack to work,) had to update from firmware 3.67 to 3.73, and formatted my memory card to make way for new stuff.

Plus point I'm now enjoying Persona 4 all over again. Will have to see if 0syscall and  whatever they call the game dumper, work as I have a few games that require a firmware +3.60, so fingers crossed.

Looking into 3ds hacks, which, if I'm honest, looks like a fucking nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment