Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 December 2018

The shape of water review.

Its an odd one this as I've only half watched it (playing a game while listening, if you must know) but there is something I don't like about the Shape of Water.  I guess its the obvious 60's setting of deep south Murica but its the same sort of thing that spoiled the Rosa Parks episode of Dr Who, that there is no real connection outside of America and the villain isn't sympathetic, being a one note, racist misogynist cunt.  Racism's bad mmkay.

Oh there's positives,  like them having our duck shoe brush which is neat, and the soy boy living with all the cats and watching musicals on TV and Sally Phillips as a literal dumb broad getting naked and jack off in the tub. 

But its the heavy handed propaganda that wears it down.  I know 60's America was a racially divided place and that the cold war was at its height, but it sucks.  The main bad guy is just a caricature, a bigoted southern boy preacher army dude who is literally a cunt to all and sundry.  We're supposed to sympathise with the monster I know, but once the cleaning team break it out of the facility to fuck it senseless underwater I kinda lost all hope for it.  That and it eating soyboy's cat, if it did that to one of mine it would literally get a shotgun to the face misunderstood or not.

Which brings me to another thing that kept me awake last night, almonds activated, and such.  I heard it said that it looked like the Merman Rikuo from neglected Capcom beat em up Darkstalkers and yeah it does remind me a bit, of him, but like I said before I woke up middle of the night and I could only think of one thing.  She's fucking a Mirelurk.

Or more specifically the Mirelurk King from Fallout 3, this is not your amazonian God, you treat with respect.  This is  the bastard you waste all your ammo on before you run out and it kills you.  Mirelurks are utter bastards, armoured bastards at that, but these take the cake.  And that's what killed it for me.  For all the inter species sex underwater, and cliched, one note villains, its this that finally did for me. 

Final Score 12 bottlecaps / 100

No comments:

Post a Comment