Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 August 2018

Here comes a very special guy.

What I spectacularly failed to tell you about last weeks post is that I got on the bus home to find a friend of my was the driver. 

We keep in touch via facebook and have written letters before but we hadn't met face to face for a good 18 months and that was briefly.  So its a good thing he contacted me on facebook to say that it was his wife's birthday and that there would be a party at his place and would I like to come.

I gave it a few minutes to mull over I didn't know the place where he was living, and after googling it came back as a few streets away (I had an old address of his in Bexleyheath) so when a man says jack... you jack. 

It was pretty cool too, he has a cool cat that consistently tried to snag chicken from the table and a lot of kids there, mainly his.  His eldest had been to Tossa De Mar the same as me and I wished I could have asked him where he stayed (he went with the scouts) but mainly I remember it for him playing acoustic guitar and singing some odd blues songs with another guy. 

We got talking about the good old days and of people, of Beavis and Butthead, (we were fans and used to do the voices all the time back then).  All in all a good time, as they say online 11/10 would definitely go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment