Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 August 2018

An AFX Advert.

Or rather c'mon you cunts lets 'ave an AFX advert.

I first heard about this, from my Twitter timeline, a photo of the Aphex Twin logo on a wall and someone saying this is at the Elephant and Castle (our closest tube back in the day, put this down to living in the South East).  My ears perked up at this and we decided to go down that way and take a detour and find it.

It is indeed at the Elephant and Castle tube station, more specifically if you want to find it or just happen across this post 6 years from now. its located just outside the middle exit to the south bound branch of the Northern Line, as you come in or indeed, go out.  Took me ages to find, even though its not small, exited at the far entrance and looked along the Bakerloo station  before doubling back and finding it at the last.

Northern Line
Of course what I found out, is that there were two posters exactly opposite each other.  I could bark up the wrong tree here about mirror magic and getting caught between two images.  Think Granny Weatherwax from Witches Abroad and such, but if I'm honest I don't know what it all means.
this is the opposite side of the wall.
As far as I can tell I have no idea what this is all in aid off. It could be like last years live show at field day complete with Fingers Inc intro.  Or  more likely a new album along the lines of Syro or Cheetah.  I will of course update you when I know more.

Oh and when I got off at Morden this shit was going down.  Cue lots of 20 something ladies in not very much (it was baking out) and blokes in their best tees and beards (Seriously would have killed for the I love techno shirt).  On our way home from Sutton we saw this stretch jeep limousine thing outside a church and thought of Windowlicker.  So will leave you with that image here.

Lemme put mah shit on.
EDIT its for a new EP coming out in September and its sounds fucking lush.

No comments:

Post a Comment