Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 May 2015

Bank Holiday Junk Tour

Haven't written about this in a while and have been understandably preoccupied with my Vita.  So here goes.

We took a trip out to Croydon, a place that has always been a bit hit and miss for me, over the weekend.  There are a few routes in from where I live and I decided to take the one via Beckenham as its been ages since I've been there too.  Was a good idea too as I picked up a few good CD's from the charity shop not limited to, Sign Nobukazu Takemura, and a live set from Cut Chemist which was awesome.

As the bus was going to be ages I decided to get  the tram for the first time in my life.  For the uninitiated its a weird mix of bus and train, able to run on rails in the road or on dedicated tracks.  Its quite comfortable actually and costs the same as a regular bus trip. One annoying thing is the constant automated messages of buying a ticket, there are card readers on the station but not actual physical barrier like in the Tube or most rail or DLR stations, I suspect you could blag your way into Croydon without paying depending of the frequency of the ticket officers doing their rounds.

Croydon itself is just the same as it ever was, stuffed full of  Christian weirdos and the odd band (sadly no UKIP even though its election year) and a glance around the independent game shops picked up a few things that I didn't want or already had.  We got an excellent picture of a Cormorant from the charity shop which has a nonsense rhyme on it from Christopher Isherwood.  Finally we were still looking for a link cable for our PS Vita to no bloody success at all. I suspect I may have to transfer stuff via Memory card if at all.  We got a download for TXK so will have to work out how to redeem and rework.  God I hate the modern era.

No comments:

Post a Comment