Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 June 2024

Ibiza vol1.

 Animals and plants.

I've spent an hour downloading and renaming about 300 or so photos from my holiday. We have a few apps that will help out, I'm on iNaturalist now so I can get ID of stuff that I have no hope IDing on my own. Also on plant stuff, the app Flora Incognita gave me almost 100% ID rate on wild flowers and also cultivated stuff too. 

Big up to this guy's rizz.

Nice to see a Collared Dove duo. In fact along with House Sparrows these made up a duo of birds in decline in the UK, but doing well in Ibiza. Safe to say I never took a bad shot of these, and I took a few. 

Grauch.

Another bird doing locally well if not so hot overall is the Audoins Gull. These replace the Herring Gull here in Ibiza. even down to the reputation of being a chip thief. Wiki seems to play it down but as its all inclusive here. I've seen them sweep down and steal chips from a Dutch family. 

Finally we saw something that was only really present in Santa Eularlia the Pitiusos Lizard or Ibizan Wall Lizard.

Proud of this shot.

Along with a Red Palm Weevil and its attendant notices of bio control on various palms, this was the creature I saw the least here. 

Cute

To be fair, this is a massive palm pest, so seeing this least, is a good sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment