Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 June 2023

Kew

This day has sucked balls. Supposed to go on  trip out to Kew via our local Cactus club. Meet up 10:30 outside the gate. Decide to get up in time leave house at 9 walk into town get the DLR and jump a  few tube trains and make it in time.

Reality is this. We pass 2 Jehovah's witness stalls which is instant bad luck and not only miss my slot but come in late and miss the tour (back ends of Kew) which suck. I get trains cancelled and bus drivers changing. And worse of all realize I could have just gone on cross rail and exited at Ealing to get a bus there, instead of the mad dash I had to do just to get there 15 minutes late.

The upside of this is I saw a few good things such as a prickly pear in flower and the Ghost Orchid from Florida, thanks to glare though no photos.

Edit. OK have this air plant instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment