Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 January 2021

SARS2 electric boogaloo.

Well its finally happened, someone in my bubble has come down with the coof. Apparently asymptomatic for most of the week, he started getting symptoms by the Saturday. Praise science that I don't do overtime or for the most part sit close to him anymore. If this was a month earlier though, I'd be sat directly opposite, rather than in my old spot against the wall where I sit now. This, though is the closest I've come to catching it and really don't want to.

The upshot of this is everyone he came into contact with needed a SARS2 electric boogaloo test. And the only test centre there is, is at HQ so it means a trip in the van with everyone else, in a stuffy mask for a nasal swab to see if we're infectious.

For those not yet at the joys of doing this this is the outline of it all.

You'll get a card with a barcode stuck on and two to hand over to the people conducting the swabs.

You'll be shown to a swab station where:

You'll be asked to take a tissue, blow your nose.

Apply sanitizer to your hands, and will be offered a nasal swab

You will need to stick this in the back of both your throat and deep up your nose. And yes you will gag and experience a bit of pain. Its not the most pleasant thing in the world. 

Put it in the holder the nurse offers you.

Fill out your details from the URL / QR code on the card provided. It takes about 30 minutes to an hour to get your test back via Email or Text.

I got both negatives, which I'm well pleased with.

The downside is the look of horror on the faces of the office staff as we queued through the hallway to get our tests. Complete with a horrid bitch with massive tits, looking on us, as if we're from Dawn Of The Dead. I hope my mate gets better


No comments:

Post a Comment