Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 November 2020

World of Crap gets cancelled.

So, its come to pass. That a popular non political, twitter page and blog about Rainbow, I follow, has come out in favour of Trump in the most mildest way possible. A milquetoast argument about having a fair election has predictably descended into the usual "she must be a Nazi, shut her down."

There is an opinion piece up on Russia's Toady setting out that it is the media that defines wokeness, and cancel culture is a symptom of this, plus a demonization of the working class.

There is general don't let the proles speak about this from the trendy London media set (though as a Londoner far away from the general Hampstead and Islington ponces that they're actually describing, my opinion counts for less). 

Also there is a few bits and pieces about how the Labour party (which I've voted for in the past) has lost the working class from its demographic focusing on race, gender and other middle class issues.

My own views are a match to this, to some extent. I swing more rightwards and am a liberal voter normally, albeit one that wants Brexit and some dialogue about immigration that doesn't get bogged down in feelings or accusations about being a Nazi, because bad people get deported.

I don't know who is behind the explosion of far left views, possibly academia, possibly not. I've been part of this for 5 years now, since gamergate. I know, I know, flogging that old, dead horse, but its a slow slide into politicizing everything, and you cannot dissent, or put a foot wrong (and as a monumental fuck up, this scares me more, I'm human I make mistakes.) or the left will eat you.

It's not just the left mind. There is a certain snowflakery about the right too. All Jesus freaks and god weirdos. Plus Trumps outburst and general unsportsmanlike refusal to concede in an election he lost fair and square, finally put him off me, more than any of his racist, sexist shit he did. Which means that all you see from them now is, count the ballots, and the election was stolen from us.

Which it wasn't though.  


No comments:

Post a Comment