Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 July 2020

Junk Tour Returns.

Junk tour returns with the boot sales starting up again, after the SARS II electric boogaloo break. 

It's the first boot sale of the year for me thanks to that little mix up and armed with my mask from work, it's time to venture out to see what I could find.

First of all the main boot sale I go to is out at the edge of Kent where it meets London. It's two buses there and back. Along the motorway and along the verges, noting the wild life. I've seen orchids in flower there one Sunday, a few years back. 

Even though I should get up earlier and not leave it to the last minute.

 As I say, leaving earlier, it's like the tide is coming in and everyone has to scurry to safety, This means I have about an hour before everyone packs up and leaves.

I did find a few things, a kids book about Basil Brush, and some British Knights Trainers thrown away, they seem decent, so will have to give them a clean up.

A couple of good doggos seen there too, including what looked like an acutal Greg Mitchell from Reeves and Mortimer (seriously he looked like a toy dog, very blonde and short haired) and the rare mega teckel a big brown version of a dachshund on stilt legs. 

I got to see a stand of Rosebay Willowherb almost going to seed along with some thistles, so expect to see fairies floating round pretty soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment