Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 January 2020

Herne Bay

On Thursday I took a trip down to the coast with my family to Herne Bay. Mum and Dad had to do some things in town there so it was the perfect excuse to take a day and come along. 

Despite it being cold and miserable, I really enjoyed myself. We had never actually been there, either shooting past to visit my aunty in Dover or going to Margate instead.  This also goes for Whitstable too, which I hear is also nice.

Its remarkably sheltered there despite it being on the coast. I noticed a lot of Agave planted out in the communal beds along with Echium (Tajinaste Rojo for Spanish speakers) and a lone Opuntia down by the Indian restaurant. 

Apart from that, its also a dog town, in fact we saw a meat dog (a staffy) carrying a packet of ham along in its mouth, as well as a few other nice dogs. So if you're a fan of dogs you are well served.

But what if I don't like dogs and am a cat person, well, they have a cat cafe which was not open at all when we were there, but you could see a few of the cats milling around, including a few Weedle types asleep in a basket, in the window.

All in all I spent most of the time looking on the beach (stones) and eating fish and chips which had to be done when you're by the sea.

In a few other news I got the Wailing Siren Mystery ported over and am waiting for another book to come before I start work on the Disappearing floor.

Oh and Goemon 2 + 3 are now translated. Though there are some screeching from the left as 3 contains the word tranny in it. Its even present in the original Japanese as new half, but don't let that stop you enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment