Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 July 2019

Coro Coro Comic

For those that know, Coro Coro Comic is a phone book sized monthly manga, that is known for putting out the Pokemon manga amongst others. I have two issues, September 1996 and an issue from 20 years or so later. I got the 90's issue from the long defunct Lewisham bootsale for the sum of 75p, and while it's tatty round the edges now, it came with a few Pokemon pencil case games, and other bits and pieces.

Recently been scanning in bits and pieces from this brick sized comic and trying to see if there's a scan of the obscure Mole Mania manga, which features in it. 

Looking through there are ads for Popolocrois, Bubblicious gum, and lots of Hudson Soft games, Bomberman and it's B-Daman spin off, which I remember there being an anime for a long time back, the manga is featured in there of course, along with Bomberman Yonkoma.

 My favourite is of course Class King Yamazaki and blue sky ozora. A gag manga and roughneck baseball manga respectively. There is of course a few Nintendo manga in there. Pokemon, as mentioned, but there is Kirby Manga and expand dong (Donkey Kong) also feature, too. 

Finally to cap it off there is some Doraemon stuff, which is probably translated into Spanish as they love the little guy. It revolves around cavemen and Colonel Sanders, along with the regular crew of Nobita and Doraemon.
Names on a postcard please.

I'll leave you with some scans I've already done. The J league stuff is interesting. I think the ginger guy is Alexei Lalas. Whereas the guy with the fish is this guy Looks like a bad pun on Maguro / Magrao.  Finally I'll add the odd Shiren the Wanderer maze which I'm sure I've added before but can definitely be added again.

Can you make it to the exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment