Total Pageviews

Sunday 21 April 2019

Moomin Valley

Happy Easter one and all. We're currently watching this on Sky One over the Easter weekend and its proving to be quite the best version of it. Beats the scary Polish Moomins, that we had as a kid and is on a par with the mid 90's anime that BBC1 used to show when I was in sixth form.

For me its voices Matt Berry from House of Fools as Moominpapa, the bloke from Kingsman as Moomin and the Swedish guy who voices Snuffkin is spot on. In fact this is how I imagined Snuffkin to be, rather Scandinavian and aloof, but at the same time with a deep love of nature.

Little My is of course a massive pain in the arse and while I can't remember her from the books, it must be based on some kind of reality.

It's not just the Hardy Boys books that I read in school.  Can remember these from primary school as well as reading Hugh Lofting's Dr Doolittle's books too.  In fact I would genuinely love a cartoon based on these books as well. Maybe in the style of Dr Snuggles or Willy Fogg. Maybe an anime. Anything to take away the pain of either the films. I was not a fan.

Anyway the book scan is currently on hold as simple scan is being a little cunt at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment