Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 February 2019

Afterlife

This is my take on eternal life as I see it.  Part of me wants to see what the world will become when I'm not around, advances in science, archaeology and the like. Part of me doesn't. 

Nobody sane wants eternal life, living forever on this earth or in whatever afterlife you envision you will be living in.  I don't believe and kinda want to see what a non secular afterlife would be like, with  ex pets and a family reunion with grandparents and those that have passed on and such.  Maybe an island to live on where we don't have to worship any god, living forever, and getting on.

The other half of me wants oblivion.  Dead means dead. No afterlife, no god, no glory.  No eternal punishment for spurious reasons, and no perma church that is heaven, where we worship Yahweh forever and ever and can never leave.

My take on hell is this, no crime is worth eternal torture, maybe for a few thousand years and such for the worst crimes but certainly for most of what god will send you there for its nothing at all.  I always thought that the X Files episode The List fits my philosophy exactly.  But instead of jail I will expand it to life in general.  Five people who have been cunts to you in life sent down in your stead to hell to pay for your crimes and suffer for some eternity until their crimes are paid. 



No comments:

Post a Comment