Total Pageviews

Monday 1 April 2024

Heaven.

This is something I've been wondering about the past few weeks. As you may know, I don't believe in a religion, but do believe in a heaven or so. True there's no god there or at least, if there is, a kind of Shinto type of situation where everything houses a god to some degree or  where god is dead, but its essence is infused in the land itself.. There is a hell to go with it for those that have pissed me off in life but for what its worth, I get a heaven with my family / pets back and runs Spring to Autumn with a permanent Med climate. Think So Cal or the Balearics if European with a cold night and warm days with cooler days / warmer nights in the off season. I grow cacti and would definitely want them to grow outside.

Which gets me thinking about the Bible and its version of events. They can describe hell to the nth degree but the best they can come up with is a sort of item world from Disgaea 5 where its a house with endless houses inside. Or a promise of eternal life stuck inside church with god.  Its never explained well what there will be awaiting the faithful, save for vague promises of riches in heaven, eternal life and one of gods matryoshka doll rooms. 


Presumably heaven is some sort of Christ based TARDIS, where you get to spend it with the non doctor.  The Mormons at least let you have celestial sex.  So you better hope you'll get to spend it with classic era Jesus rather than later Chibnall Jesus, where everyone is woke. Unless that is your fetish. Me, I think I'd take my chance with my heaven, at least they'll be people I care about there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment