Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 November 2023

Xmas adverts 2o23

 Its come to that time of year when the Xmas ads are upon us. Halloween is over and black Friday is now a thing seeing as we don't do fucksgiving here yet. So it all boils down to what the John Lewis ad is this year (Little Shop of Horrors rip off with Andrea Bocelli apparently.)

I'll give you a take on the ones I've seen so far. 

Good.

Lidls Raccoon saves Christmas. Pretty much what it says. A bin panda rescues a a stuffed toy and brings it home for  child. Contains doggo and a link to a stuffed toy for kids charity. 

Aldi. A homage to Charlie and his Chocolate factory. It seems the budget supermarkets are knocking it out of the park this year. This one is run by a Conker, and yes all the other veg do get their comeuppance like in the original.

Indifferent

Morrisons. A load of singing oven gloves and their more reasons to stroke a manovus* jingle. It should be cool but for some reason falls flat. 

Marks and Sparks Food. The main one I haven't seen, but this is more gloves, talking mittens and Dawn French as the fairy again. 

Edit. Now I have and it's just a bunch of people being selfish bastards.


Bad

Sainsburys. What does Santa have for dinner, which is bastard awful, I've seen this more times than I can think of. I think its two disprin and a kip for the next 364 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment