Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 October 2022

Eye check

Took a day off last week to have my first post SARS 2 electric boogaloo eye check.  Registering with Boots, as they let you book online without having to call up first. as I hate talking over the phone.

Our nearest Boots optician is next to our bank and for some reason thought it was part of the regular Boots store which is down by Primark. Funny as I was stressing about reaching this on time, but when I found it was next to my bank I saw the funny side.

Less funny is that I have to shell out for new specs and such which are long overdue. And have a doctors appointment as one of my pupils has turned inward. I'm not going to google this as it'll only depress me and would rather have an actual expert look at it.

EDIT. Its a squint. I finally got my referral letter and booked up in June, so maybe It'll be sorted by then.

More fun is that due to strikes / Marathon I had my junk tour on a Thursday instead of the weekend. We went to Bethnal Green and wanted to look at Hackney but ended up going down to Dalston via Haggerston, as I decided to take the main road past the charity shops instead of doubling back as usual.

There are an awful lot of poncey stores and start ups this end and a few chicks with feminist Killjoy stickers on, like a bug having bright colours so you know its poisonous AF. But apart from that, it wasn't all bad. We found a new museum, the museum of the home and a place called, I think, Woof which had a Corgi going wild in a ball pit, so I guess its a dog play park.

Dalston has a well nice charity shop which sold things for cheap and I got Chicken lips and a Dr. Octagon CD for a quid, and shades of the long gone Crest in Walthamstow still had VHS for sale.

On to the Oxfam which had a sealed Nobukazu Takemura EP for sale and a Baby Ford Fabric mix cd. which was boss.

Decided to take a long walk back and get crossrail home at Liverpool street, which has to be said feels like the city proper, and the most hipster free imaginable.


Excellent Shiba Inu carrier

Apology accepted



No comments:

Post a Comment