Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 February 2022

The Kids Are Alright.

 Here is something, I've been meaning to write about for ages now. I guess this falls into the whole lost media, rabbit hole thing, along with The Children's Channel Hennapippa (which I'm convinced was done in house now), and Geronimo by Axel F (not that Axel F)

For this you'll need to have read old dance magazines back in the day. Such as DJ Mag, Muzik, Generator or Mixmag. They would do a genre by genre breakdown of the new releases, and I'd scan through the house and techno bits looking for anything that caught my eye. 

One issue in the late 90's I came across, they had a release by a DJ paedofile called the Kids Are Alright. It was a purple sleeve with some ABC blocks on the cover. I was convinced it was an April fools joke, and thought no more about it. But over the years it would sneak back at random times, that was this, A. real and B. If so, was it ever released. 

I was convinced it was a mock up for ages. Then I decided the real acid test today, if it was a mock, to see if it has a Discogs listing. It does.

I also, for some reason, though it was a house track, but it seems to be breakcore. Which is a double bonus.


Edit, looking through the comments on the video there, and its got it's own bandcamp page. Well of course it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment