Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 October 2021

Flickering torches

 A weird one this. This looks to be one of those three way splits that they did from time to time, a la Melted Coins.

I can't remember the original Flickering Torch Mystery though reading the blurb on the back of my original copy it has something to do with silkworms. If you hadn't guessed we got a revised edition of the original text here in the UK.

Currently 3 chapters in so far and its not good. The boys are starting a folk rock band complete with electric guitars and Tony Prito on Drums and Phil Cohen on Organ. There is some subplot about a radioactive plane engine and the boys losing time on their watches. But so far its all about the folk.

I can't really remember them playing guitars before, a few bits about them listening to the radio and news bulletins whilst driving and for some reason going to a play back in the Hidden Harbour mystery as part of the plot. Nothing screams out that they are into playing any sort of instruments.

 The upshot is this knowing nothing of the original story except that its a Les Macfarlane story, means I get to dig it out of the cupboard and read through the condensed version after I read this.

Finally I saw this on Instaspam, Yeah I'm mainly there for the shitposters and such, but it's an overlap and seeing as I've just come off editing up the original *cabin island and such thought it would make a good point to end it here.

*except its American numbering and its Phantom Freighter instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment