Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 July 2021

Necrolog: Near

 Did a brief updating to my old whatever happened to Byuu, blog post last week, before I really knew what happened and that.

For those of you late to the party, Near as he was known took his own life last week thanks to an online hate via an old lolcow post up on Kiwifarms. 

Whether you think they are all a bunch empathy free cunts or class them as far right trolls these are the facts of the matter. Personally I like my humour edgy but even I draw the line here.

My own dealings with him are via Twitter, where he would post emulator updates on Ares, Higan and occasionally the meds he was on, oh and black metal, but no one is perfect.

I put up the whatever happened to Byuu post due to his last hiatus, and it seemed that all was well after he returned. Then after a few weeks of emu news, more radio silence and finally the awful news last Sunday.

I never really knew him personally, only through works. Emulation stuff, such as MSU1 expansion for SNES, BSNES emulator and its multi system offshoots, Higan and Ares.  Beat patching, and the whole, rescan the Super Nintendo Cart catalogue for accuracy sake. I wonder if people will still bother him for that one Pachinko revision that he dumped.

There is a longer and better written post with proper pronouns and that doing the rounds, though I can't find at the moment, we have a thread at RHDN if you'd like more.

No comments:

Post a Comment