Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 March 2021

Round Up of Stuff

 Here is a few things that I can't be bothered with to expand out into fully fledged articles, so will have to make do with this mish mash of a post.

Jehovah's Letters.

We got a letter through the post from a Jehovah's Witness, basically a little kid spent time to me to write in pink ink about suffering and enclosed the usual Witness shit. I didn't read it all but seeing as all Witness stuff is treated like single Magpies or the number 13 in bad luck circles to me. It went  straight into the bin. 

But two things struck me as odd. 

One, these cunts are still going round, even in a pandemic, which given as they are all satanic end of the world apocalypticists, I thought they would be welcoming this with open arms.

Two, there is always a fuck load of money for bible shit. Glossy brochures that always end with John 3:16 and saying a prayer, even whole television channels. But I've never seen atheist literature or leaflets. Maybe were in the wrong scam. Or maybe we don't have a willing line up of people ready to put absolute shit loads of money into the pockets of corrupt evangelical shills.

 Hardy Boys TV show.

One of the things growing up in the 80's / 90's with piss poor TV  reception, is that you got Nickelodeon and a shed load of obscure tat from Central Europe courtesy of  The Children's Channel.

I can barely remember this version  just the main credits and that. Of course I watched it back then as I was a massive fan, but apart from that, nothing, its just gone.

Why bring this up, now, of all places. There is a new version out courtesy of Hulu. I don't care about streaming sites or paying for a subscription. I'll wait to see if there is a torrent or a DVD release of this, but for old fans like me, it doesn't bode well. 

First of all big, burly Biff Hooper is now gender swapped to be a girl. Joe Hardy is now a good few years younger than Frank. Worse of all, they seemed to have memory holed Iola Morton, an actual female character. I suppose it may get good, but I'm not holding out any hope of it.

All I'm asking for is my grim dark Fenton Hardy origin story to get the go ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment