Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 May 2019

Printer

We now have a "new" Printer.  Took a chance on a Canon that was chucked out at work, to replace an old canon that has been my mainstay for years.  Had to remove some snails from the main cavity but apart from that its pretty good.

Its a MG 2950 part of the Pixma range as was my old printer (an MP220), though this is at least supported in Windows 10 now. For some reason simple scan doesn't recognise my old printer (we scan everything in linux) now, it prints but doesn't scan and running stuff from command line is just so 90's I can't be bothered to check whatever workaround there may be.

There is an official installer from Canon and the ink doesn't cost an arm and a leg like my old one did. Black ink was £15 from Wilko's so not so bad and it'll last ages as I rarely print stuff.

Scanner will see the most use though. Top tip, ignore Canons bundle ware apart from the drivers and get NAPS2 to do your bulk scanning with.  You can use Paint or GIMP as well but this is the Windows equivalent of simple scan and pretty good it is too.

Edit it looks like scan problems is a known bug with emma buntons 19.1.

Double edit and its fixed with an update. Tried out my trusty canon and its now scanning.

No comments:

Post a Comment