Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 September 2018

Aunt Elsie

Aunt Elsie and Kim.
echinopsis chamaecereus
Going through a bunch of old slides from my mums side of the family and have come across some that my aunt Elsie took.  I can tell that I'd want to meet her as for starters all her stuff is named and that I find fascinating, as most of what my granddad shot wasn't, just generic shots of my mum and auntie on holiday.

I never met my aunt Elsie as she died before I was born, I knew she grew cacti and had a few books from Brian Lamb, including a pre release version of the pocket encyclopedia of cacti and a binder full of spare pages that made up the exotic collection of their books. 

I have a slide scanner culled from when Maplin went bust and have been slowly digitising my families slide collection. I can tell what slides are her's as well as them being named and that they are on square 127 film slides which are a bugger to scan.  I found adding them manually and jiggling them to get an area in shot is the way to process them.
Blue Pool swanage part a

blue pool Swanage.



No comments:

Post a Comment