You were supposed to get a post detailing my current hiatus before leaving for Spain.
We went to Salou if you are wondering, a place called the Hotel Belvedere a charming 3 star place off of the main strip. I had previously been to Salou in 2011 but this was sort of a return trip further down the coast. What you really want to know is if its changed much and if there was any other weirdness to go with it.
1. The Russians have taken over, the women either homely sorts, dark haired slavs quite fit in the way or impossibly tall hard faced blondes, the guys tall with mullets and an odd dress sense or old fat guys in speedos. One of the best things I saw but regret taking a photo of was a little girl in a cat dress that had the immortal words Do you wanna fuck on it. I'm guessing they do not know English enough to know how poor taste / bloody funny it was, but it had me laughing for a good 5 minutes.
2. They have a really nice open area for walking at the back of the hotel, next to the railway line. Its supposed to be for dog walkers and the like but if you like nature there was some cool stuff there. I saw a trail of ants scavenging on the corpse of an Oil Beetle, and a load of rabbits. It eventually led onto Port Aventura water park which looked really run down and hardly busy. I don't much like rides and such so didn't go in.
3. The pinball arcades are still there and this time managed to get film of the little robots moving at the play park arcade. The one with Furoko Wars seems to have closed down and have now idea where it was. They still have Scared Stiff, Red and Teds Road trip with their creepy talking heads and Ripleys Believe it or not, and they've added Gottliebs Teed Off which was awesome and along with No Good Gofers is one of the pins I really wanted to play.
4. So many dogs and cats. They had stray kittens in the rocks up on the cliffs and regular moggies down by the harbour, we saw a big tabby being fed a sausage by an old German lady, his ginger friend was clearly unimpressed as he prefers ham. Dog wise lots of little dogs, and a few surprising things. A big German Shepherd type thing with a massive shaggy coat was the highlight along with a medium sized howl (Spaniel) lapping up some water from from a fountain.
5. Not so much racism here they still had their fair share of swastikas sprayed up but no little old ladies comparing their tans with the African guys selling watches and perfumes on the street. On the other hand the bar hawkers are out of control including northern blokes and unknown foreign ladies flogging restaurants and bars. Strangest of the lot was a guy who wanted to rate his advert for a boat party.
Stay tuned next time as I'll be detailing TV to you including the demise of UN1 Ukraine News 1.
I was supposed to add this as well. Mogura Kensei has been dumped and added to mame according to Haze. I'm sure this came from an old arcade in Margate, as I saw this 9 years back on a trip there one bank holiday. It was in pretty poor condition then (it looked like they took a lump hammer to the moles you bashed, as every Bison was totally fucked) but crucially still worked.